Monday, August 27, 2012

my addiction



so i previously discussed egypt's constant need for a fix. i too have a bad habit that i'm in constant search of a fix for, except mine is a bit healthier. i am a wifi-oholic. i need wifi like a crack head needs a pipe. imagine having a wonderful iphone with tons of capabilities, and yet offers you no more service than a paperweight. it sucks without wifi.

in effort to remedy this, i purchased a usb modem from vodafone- the largest local mobile provider. at best, this usb offers me some 2G service that well, isn't service. if i told you how long i had to wait to upload my pics to fb this morning... i'm even surprised i had the endurance to handle it.

so my solution to all this is that i have been mapping out all the cafes in my vicinity that have free wifi. i've drank a lot of juices; i've eaten a lot of sandwiches; and scarfed many, many french fries.

i figured i might as well be productive about this too, so i decided to create a new blog featuring all the cool spots in cairo. it will be similar to my nyc food blog, but will obviously be based here in cairo and will include boutiques and small business shops as well.

just as long as i get my wifi, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment