Sunday, November 18, 2012

The bachelorette life in Cairo.


so i got the apartment!! i moved in last friday and settled in immediately. the two girls have been more than helpful with my move, even lending me sheets and towels until i get myself out to one of the carrefours located on the outskirts of the city to furnish them myself. i've never had roomates and never lived near girls or girlfriends, so this is a really enjoyable experience so far.

we stay up and talk about boys and drama, we have shelves of beauty products stocked in the bathroom, i haven't been to a cafe since friday, and i am really enjoying the luxury of having wifi at home. other luxuries i quite enjoy: having a cleaning lady come once a week, having a masseuse come to the apartment, and let's not forget, having my own space! i finally unpacked my bags and almost forgot that i brought so many clothes.

now I have the super fun task of shopping for accessories and decor. i've been roaming around zamalek, checking out shops and supermarkets. i found this great place called fair trade that sells egyptian-made crafts at amazingly low prices, and bought a great basket for just 20 LE. it's hard work. :-)

the girls are now my friends and we'll be hosting thanksgiving dinner and various other parties at our place. i'm so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment