Wednesday, January 9, 2013

strings and papers

Every weekend I go to visit my grandmother and keep her company while her housekeeper is off visiting his family in the country. In my time here, I've learned how to nail down her routine. Help her get settled in the living room, open the shutters to let some light in, get the paper off the balcony, refresh her water supply, decide what we're going to have for lunch, watch an Egyptian movie on TV.

It's a nice time that we get to share and I've really come to look forward to our weekly dates.

But every time I've gone to collect the paper, I haven't found one with the same string-tie, yet. Every single day/week, the newsies tie them up with anything they get their hands on. Every single day/week, it's something different. I'm impressed with the completely random variety, so I thought I'd share it.

1 comment:

  1. It's really cool that you are getting to spend time with your grandma...Thanks for sharing the pictures of the strings...Very creative...GK

    ReplyDelete